Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional InformationPatients are seen by the midwife at Manor Road Health Clinic.
- Additional InformationWe provide a monitoring service in the practice for those patients taking Warfarin.
- Additional InformationAsthma and COPD reviews are carried out by our practice nurse, Sam Gardner.
- Additional InformationOur practice nurses provide this service.
- Additional InformationPractice nurse Wendy Charles leads this service, running the regular checks required for diabetic patients.
Family Planning Clinic
- Additional InformationContraceptive care is provided by all the doctors during surgery hours. We also offer contraceptive implants and coil-fitting as appropriate. Please call reception to make an appointment with a doctor to discuss your needs.
- Additional InformationOur GP team can provide some minor surgery services such as certain joint injections, removal of toenails, excision of lumps etc.
General Health Checks
- Additional InformationWe offer three-yearly health checks on request for all patients aged between 16 and 75 as well as annual checks for those aged 75 and over.
- Additional InformationIf you have two or more long-term conditions such as diabetes or COPD, we offer a special long-term conditions clinic. Initially, you will be asked to have a blood test and to complete a questionnaire. We will then discuss a plan with you to help manage your condition.
- Additional InformationAn influenza vaccine is recommended for patients aged over 65 and those with long term conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, kidney disease or who are residents of care homes. Some children outside risk groups are now eligible. We start clinics in September each year. Please contact reception to make appointment if you are in one of the eligible groups. If you are housebound, please let us know and we will make suitable arrangements. If you are unsure whether you are eligible, please enquire at reception and we will check for you.
Travel Advice & Immunisations
- Additional InformationIf you plan to travel abroad please ask at reception for a form. This will give us details of your plans so that we can advise you of any immunisations you may need. This should be done with as much notice as possible to ensure that you have effective cover before you leave. Please note: some vaccinations for travel are chargeable; ask at reception for prices.
- Additional InformationWe also offer other vaccinations (eg shingles and pneumonia) according to national requirements as well as the standard programme of immunisation for children.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01482 882546.