Further Information on Opting Out of Sharing Your Data
Setting or changing an opt-out choice for sharing your data:
You have to register their choice to opt out only once, and that registration applies to all healthcare settings and organisations, not just general practice. You can do this by using one of the following:
- Online service – on registering you need to know their NHS number or their postcode as registered at your GP practice - https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/manage-your-choice/
- Telephone service 0300 303 5678 which is open Monday to Friday between 0900 and 1700
- NHS App – for use by patients aged 13 and above. The app can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google play
- “Print and post” registration form. Photocopies of proof of your name (e.g. passport, UK driving licence etc.) and address (e.g. utility bill, payslip etc.) need to be sent with the application. It can take up to 14 days to process the form once it arrives at NHS, PO Box 884, Leeds, LS1 9TZ
- Getting a healthcare professional to assist you in prison or other secure settings to register an opt-out choice. For patients detained in such settings Guidance is available on NHS Digital and a Proxy form is available to assist in registration.